Sunday, May 1, 2011

Experiment

I just picked up a new computer for a little experiment. The cost of things (and stuff) are rising fast. The gas station down the street has gas for a mere $4.07 a gallon.  I've decided to ditch my cable TV and opt for watching the cable networks online and just using the antennae for my local channels. Over the course of a year I can save around $600 a year give or take. Plan on getting a membership to Hulu as well as MLB.TV so I can watch my beloved Brewers.

After doing some research, I determined I would need at least a 2 GHz processor and 2 GB ram as well as an HDMI port (my TV already has the HDMI port). The key was trying to find a computer within my $400 budget. So I dragged the boy with me to BestBuy (safety in numbers) and started the search. While there I narrowed it down to 3 different machines. The first was a nice Toshiba  that was way out my price range, an HP with good reviews and the one I really wanted, an ASUS but again - way over budget. So I scoured the internet to see if I could find something similar.  Long story short, I found a brand spanking new variation on the HP, that included a Photosmart printer, for under $400.  

Simon just had to be a ham. 

Purdy color. 


So far I've just surfed the web and edited a few photos using the pre-installed photo software. Battery life was almost 6 hours. More info on how it works as a replacement for cable TV to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment