Friday, May 27, 2011

Lovely Friday off of work

As a treat to myself and to use up vacation days I decided to take today off of work.

 The past 3 days of work were spent at the Waterpark Capitol of the World, Wisconsin Dells. No, there were no water slides, mini golf or even walking the main drag window shopping. It was spend in the high school library teaching elementary, middle, and high school secretaries how to use my company's software.We did have a great group of ladies and the district's fearless IT director Larry, all of whom helped to make the days go by fast.

I do want to give props to Gilliy's Island right downtown. When the owner (who was also manning the bar and made our spectacular lunch of hot Italian beef sammiches) found out that we were not tourists, but here on business at the school district, he gave us a deal on our lunch.  Its great to see the one of the main reasons I moved back to Wisconsin from DC in action. I love this state, it's people, and its outdoor activities.

Speaking of outdoor activities, I am writing this on the blanket in my front yard basking in a warm late spring sun in a cloudless sky. As soon as the boy wakes up (he had the 11pm - 7am shift at work) we are heading to the lake for a little kayaking.  Insanity is sure to ensue.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment